Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Germany Responds (and Rejects)

    Every seamstress and well, every person in general, will learn at some point that things don't always go how they want them to. This is especially true for people who sew because a lot of times your projects don't turn out as planned. (Take my Owl Pants story for example) Sometimes you get four pant legs instead of two, or one arm hole on a dress; not that I'm speaking from experience or anything .... The point I'm getting at here is that you can't expect things to turn out how you want them to. And yes, I am referring to a specific happenstance. I heard back from that German fashion company regarding my suggestion of writing a blog for them. They said that at this time there just aren't any available spots for a guest blog. I'm not bitter about the situation, they're a phenomenal company that does amazing work and I didn't really plan on getting the gig anyway. Basically, I have accepted rejection and am currently hoping for an opportunity in the future. The reason I'm sharing this is because I'm hoping someone who has recently been denied by anything or anyone will see that it's definitely not the end of the world. I am a firm believer in the idea that when one door closes another door opens. I also believe that everything happens for a reason and if it's meant to be it will happen. Can you think of any other relevant clichés? I think I about summed it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment