Friday, February 1, 2013

How it All Began

       This blog is about me and my journey on my way to becoming a fashion designer.
Aw. That's cute. You're in high school and have an improbable dream.
True. But, I know I can do this. You're going to be here when I first start going on and on about it, and someday when you're wearing my clothing you can say:
"Hey, I knew that girl before Paris did."
And then we'll all clap and be merry.
Seriously, I know this sounds ridiculous, trust me, I do. However, I want to be able to look back on where I came from someday, and this will be it. I think it's important to remember where you came from. It's things like naïve and embarrassing blogs that keep you humble. Gosh I can't wait until older-me, or present-day-someone-I-know, reads this and goes:
"What the heck, brah. You're insane."
Actually, I have no problem waiting for that to occur. I think I've always been really concerned about what other people think about me. Which is a terrible attitude for a designer to have because they're probably the most 'out-there' people there are. Have you ever watched Lifetime's Project Runway? It doesn't take more than five minutes of viewing to get that the whole cast is just a bunch of wackos. Crazy talented, amazingly skilled, incredibly lucky wackos. I guess I need to be more like them, which doesn't sound like an entirely promising decision should this fashion designer thing fall through. I guess the point I'm trying to get across here is that I'm going to make it out there, and I'm going to try and make it as me without sacrificing who I am (a shy little thing), for a career I may or may not have a future in. Who am I kidding. People don't make blogs for dreams they don't fully intend on reaching. Mark my words, unknown reader, I'm going places. Just watch me.

No comments:

Post a Comment