Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Game Plan

     Alright, so I've established a goal, now I just need to figure out what to do with it. I debated making one of those 'acheivment boards' with the inspirational quotes and magazine pictures of clothing pasted on to it, but then I decided I was better than that. Instead I made a blog post... which may or may not be a step up. Basically, the plan to becoming a fashion designer is as follows:
1) Get sewing machine
2) Learn to sew beautiful works of art
3) Create an online profile to gain support from 'fans' (that's you)
4) Contact fashion companies to become noticed in the fashion community
5) Get an offer from a fashion company to design/sew/tailor/fetch coffee
6) Accept my first offer for a fashion show
7) Become a famous fashion designer
I guess that leaves me at step number four. So far the only contact I've made in the fashion community was a plea email I made to an amazing German fashion magazine to write a fashion blog for them (which I am still waiting on a response from). I also contacted one of my friend's teacher's about sewing for her friend's baby clothing company which totally would've worked if she'd considered hiring me. The point is because of my age and limited (but totally qualifying) years of experience, I'm probably not getting any attention from Vogue Magazine anytime soon. I know I need to stay positive and all that, but sometimes it's hard when I feel so confined to a bubble of lifelong sewing in my parents basement without profit. Wow. That sounds pathetic. I think it's important for me to remember I won't be in high school for long, and eventually I'll get attention from someone; maybe not someone important, but a person none the less; who is interested in my work. I know there's still plenty of time to succeed, but I got stuff to do broski, I can't wait around forever. I think today I'm going to try contacting more people. I have no idea who, but I'll find someone. If you have any suggestions I'd really appreciate you leaving them in the comments below. Thanks so much for reading, and I'll try and write again tomorrow... yeah this is a regular thing now. I gotta do something to keep me from refreshing my inbox every two seconds in anticipation of receiving a life changing email.

No comments:

Post a Comment